Graduate School of Global Food Resources Hokkaido University



How can I get copies of the public relations magazines of the Graduate School of Global Food Resources?

How can I get copies of the public relations magazines of the Graduate School of Global Food Resources?

A magazine available now
Guidebook for Entrance Examination Applicants (PDF)

If you request the magazine by mail, send an envelope with “Request for the Guidbook Entrance Examination Applicants” written in red ink on the envelope to the address below. The envelope should contain a self-addressed stamped envelope (24 cm × 33.2 cm; be sure to write your zip code, address and name, and use stamps to the value of 140 yen for standard mail).

General Affairs Section, Agricultural Studies and Global Food  Resources Administration Office, Hokkaido University
Kita 9, Nishi 9, Kita-ku, Sapporo 060-0809, Japan

Please let me know the contact information of professors.

Please view the pages of each stuff listed on the “Stuff” page and contact them by email.

If there is no e-mail address, please contact Student Affairs Section, Administrative Office by the following email;
*Change “☆” to “@.”

Does the Graduate School of Global Food Resources allow visits?

For the master’s course, information seminars and school tours for undergraduates are conducted exclusively at Hokkaido University in June and July. Such sessions are yet to be determined for the doctoral course. Note that visits are not permitted at other times.

May I take an entrance examination outside the Sapporo Campus?

No, there are no places for entrance examinations other than the Sapporo Campus.

Are exam results disclosed to applicants?

Exam results will be disclosed only if unsuccessful applicants request disclosure. For details of the procedures, request period and other information, please see the application guidelines.

How can I use the long-term study system?

The long-term study system is available to students who are unable to complete the program within the standard course term (two years for a master’s course, three years for doctoral course) due to full-time employment or other circumstances (including responsibilities related to the care of elderly or disabled family members or the raising of children) and therefore require a longer period of time to conduct their studies systematically. Students must file an application and may be approved for a systematically planned course of study after an individual review. For detailed procedures, please see the application guidelines.

Will application results be posted on the website?

Application results will be put up in the school and sent to the applicants, but will not be posted on the website.

Please let me know about the admission procedure schedule.

Admission procedure documents will be sent in late February, and the period for the admission produce is scheduled for early March.

Are students responsible for all the travel expenses for Wandervogel Training (overseas training program)?

For Wandervogel Study in Global Food Resources I and II, the university will cover travel expenses to the maximum extent possible. Some travel expenses are also covered for III, IV and V.

*The Wandervogel Training  curriculum is scheduled to be revised in AY 2020.

Can I acquire a teaching certificate?

No. there are no courses for teaching certification in this school.

How much money does it cost for living after entering the school?

The results of the Questionnaire Survey on the Actual Living Conditions of Students conducted by Hokkaido University are made public. Please refer to this to understand the living conditions of ordinary Hokkaido University students.
Survey on the Actual Living Conditions of Students (2014) (summary, in Japanese)